Translate

Monday 1 November 2010

Back again and birthdays

I have 2 birthdays to acknowledge today. Firstly today is my brother’s 31st birthday. Joel – happy birthday if you're reading this


Also, and I can't believe I forgot but it was my blog's 3rd birthday which was in September. Happy belated birthday blog.

So, I have finally moved…yay. I have to wait for internet…boooo

On Saturday my Open University course started. I have missed out on some of the intros and welcome messages but luckily I have internet at work (thank heavens for the office job – I knew there was a reason I did this!!) I am catching up slowly but the writing has been put on hold due to the packing, lifting, back ache, searching for coffee cups, tripping over boxes and rogue coat hangers, bed building, mattress ordering, sofa sleeping and more back ache. Lolly and I are getting there and the new place is just wonderful. I love my new desk (thanks landlord) and the epic built-in wardobes. I just need to finish unpacking and find more hangers.

Despite the back ache I will venture into the depths of the unknown and work out in the gym tonight. I haven’t been there in over 2 weeks due to the delay in the move which meant logistically it was unrealistic to travel from parents house to my not-so-local-anymore gym. It will be quite nice to get back to it and I am determined to get fit. After lugging sofas and other bulky and awkward furniture up a flight of stairs I’ve realised my body needs oiling for want of a better word (sounds like a euphemism for something but its not – im just a bit stiff – oh forget it!)

6 comments:

  1. Really hope you enjoy your first couple of weeks (and the rest of the time of course!) in your new home. May it be full of much laughter.

    Oh, and happy 3rd blog birthday!!! A double reason for champers methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday. defo a cause for champers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your brother and a happy belated blog birthday to you.

    Congratulations on your move. You can't have enough wardrobe space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cause to celebrate, Lily - YAY :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo-er missus! Belated blog birthday greetings and good luck with your OU course :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. I'nm really hoping i can get back to blogland properly soon. We have been told there would be a wait until the end of the month until we have internet.

    ReplyDelete