Translate

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Cracked the womags!!!

It is with the greatest pleasure and relief that I can finally announce I have sold a story – to That’s Life! Australia. My very first sale to a Womag (to any publication actually!!)

After over a year of writing stories with Womag2Weekly I have written 20 stories, subbed 35 times and had 21 rejections. I can honestly say I never thought I’d make a sale and I was about 3 months from giving up completely. In hindsight its easy to say but I implore anyone who feels this way IT CAN HAPPEN!!!

I cannot wait to see my work in print!!!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations - such brilliant news! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can happen! It does happen! It has happened! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. So pleased for you. Congratulationsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic news. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What issue is your story coming out in? I would love to read it. I get all of That's Life weekly mags and That's Life Fast Fictions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Diane! They have told me issue 32 so not long. They said the date could change so hopefully they will let me know if its any earlier or later. It will appear under my real name (Cheryl Bywater).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only just seen this and wanted to say: CONGRATULATIONS! THAT IS BRILLIANT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Your post has given me hope! I have subbed nine stories so far and have had only had rejections back so far.
    I knew getting published wouldn't be easy but didn't think the rejections would sting quite as much as they have!!

    Well done,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jenny!

    Hi Alice - thank you so much, and thank you for visiting my blog. Keep subbing those stories - the hard work will pay off and it feel great.

    ReplyDelete