I saw this MeMe on Emerging Writer's blog and thought I would give it a go. While I said I wouldn't dwell on my lack of achievements in 2008 it was a nice little exercise to help me see what good things did happen in 2008. On reflection it wasn't all that bad:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? ..turned 27, went to an Oasis gig, saw Lee Evans Live.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? ..no as I did not make any. I never stick to them
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes my boss and good friend
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? Belgium, and visited the Canary Islands twice.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? ...a competition win, a story sold or a finished novel.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? ... I can't really pin point any particular day for any good or bad reason. Xmas day was nice cuz I got to spend time with my family.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? ..Getting my short story published.
9. What was your biggest failure? ..Didn't win any comps or sell any stories which wasn’t helped by the fact that I didn’t really submit much
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? ..only a mild bug over xmas – my body’s way of saying stop eating all the (mince) pies.
11. What was the best thing you bought? ..the book with my short story in it!!
12. Where did most of your money go? ..rent and xmas presents
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? ..getting published. Ok Im getting boring now but I was really really excited about it.
14. What song will always remind you of 2008? ..Shock of the Lightning as I saw Oasis in 2008. Best gig ever
15. Compared to this time last year, are you richer or poorer? ... Richer, ive been saving like mad and ive nearly paid of my credit card bill
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? ..writing.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? ..watching tv and stressing out over stupid things
18. How did you spend Christmas? ..with mum, dad and sister, eating drinking and watching tv.
19. What was your favourite TV program? ..Now considering I have an addiction to the box I cannot for the life of me remember what my favourite program was. Just goes to show I only watch rubbish. It was great to see the IT crowd return and I got addicted to Big Brother. I couldn’t tell you who won though.
20. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? ... I wouldn’t say hate but I have no time for them
21. What was the best book you read? ..Russell Brand My Booky Wook.
22. What did you want and get? . Ugg boots, a Nintendo DS and a Lap Top (and I got published, did I mention that yet?). I was spoiled in 2008
23. What did you want and not get? ..Rich
24. What was your favourite film of this year? . Sex and the City and Batman (sorry totally different films which I couldn't choose between.
25. What did you do on your birthday? ..went to work and came home to see my family at my house and my boyf. Then went for a lovely meal at the weekend.
26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? ..achieving what I set out to do.
27. What kept you sane? ..google and my fella for not letting me rant about things
28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? .. I fancied my boyfriend awww. You want a celeb answer? I wouldn’t say fancy but I was so pleased at how nice Lee Evans was at his Live show. Very humble fella he was.
25. What political issue stirred you the most? ..Boris becoming Mayor, stirred in a good way. I didnt vote though :S
26. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008..Some people are nasty and will never change... but that’s their problem not mine. Don't watch so much crap telly, it does you no good.
27. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year..'I lost my faith in the Summer time cause it don’t stop rainin'!! Oasis - The importance of being Idle.