Translate

Thursday 22 October 2009

Read, read and read some more

Look what kept me company at the hairdressers.....


No not Peter Andre, it was Cally Taylor's new novel 'Heaven Can Wait'. As I was getting my new 'red do' I had my head stuck in the book for the entire time. I got the book on Tuesday and I have nearly finished. I have about 30 pages left (which I'm saving for bedtime reading) and I am loving it. I don't think I have EVER read a book so quickly, I just CANNOT put it down. I have no idea how this will end and I can't wait to find out! A real page turner. This is not my review by the way, will post a proper one at the weekend.

So anyway while I haven't been spotted all over town with my nose in a book I have been doing a bit of course searching. Today I rang The Writers Bureau, after I got some encouraging advice after my last post. They were sooo friendly and helpful and have helped me make my mind up. I have decided to enrol myself on The Novel and Short Story Writing Course. I am so excited to do this but will have to wait until December to enrol.

In the meantime I have set myself a little challenge for the month. I am going to read at least 5 books between now and December. Not sure which ones yet but will post them next time. I know it doesn't sound a lot (or does it?) but a friend told me she has read at least 100 books this year!! I haven't even read 10!! I watch way too much TV, most of which is repeats and predictable shite. There are some amazing stories out there from what I hear about at work (I'm constantly left out of the reading club - my own fault though!) and I'm missing out on them. So, I'm looking forward to selecting the books and letting you know!

ps - yes my head is hanging in shame as I have Peter Andre The Next Chapter on in the backgroung :S

3 comments:

  1. OOo I'll be putting that book on my -to-read- list, it's ever growing stupid uni books have to come first. I think I've read a total of 3 books I actually wanted to this year and they were all whilst I was away on holiday. I want to read more too :(

    SE x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that photo. Me next to Peter Andre! (sort of). Will be adding to my folder of photos to publish on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SE - At least you have a good reason for not reading as much as you'd like. Mine is just laziness!

    Calistro - Glad you love the pic!

    ReplyDelete