Translate

Monday 26 May 2008

Home Sweet Home

I'm back after my week's holiday in Gran Canaria. Apart from having my phone stolen and being badly burnt all over, the holiday was lovely. I am glad to be home but I could do with not having to go back to work in the morning. My spare time tomorrow will definately be spent getting back to the world of writing. I've not done a thing in over a week. I have been receiving some good feedback from some short story competitions I entered. I haven't placed in any so far but I have heard back from the ones I entered and its been positive feedback. ACW wrote to tell me I hadn't won but that I had made it into the top 300 out of 2000 entries. I was pleased with that as it was a story I had written when I was studying English A Level. I don't normally write children's stories but had thought that suited what the competion was looking for. They also offered me a £15 discount for a writing course. Ummm a bit of a ploy me thinks so I shall say no to that for now.
I am leaving the novel for a week just while I am working on an idea for my Waterstones Postcard. I'm still not inspired so I think I will just start and see what order my fingers hit the keys in.
Thats it for me, just wanted to say Hi and hope everyone is well. Must go and watch Britain's got Talent!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time (in spite of the sunburn!) Hopefully the break has inspired you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A writer its good to be home.

    Karen, thanks I did but unfornunately it didnt inspire me as we just lazed about the whole time - which was very nice. We did go on a fishing trip but didnt catch a thing. Very uninspiring to say the least. Still I wont give up hope and at least I feel a bit more rested.

    ReplyDelete