Translate

Wednesday 6 August 2008

What you see isn't always what you get

Yesterday evening was Ladies Night at my local. No, not bar, pool. I spent about 2 hours there in total which isn't bad for just under £4. The half an hour that I spent in the main pool was interesting. Each time I swam a length I would pass these two women. Well, **** me if they didn't spend the whole time talking about food (and some other stuff). But seriously, without sounding like I was deliberately listening in on their conversation, it was amazing to me just how much ground they covered in only half an hour. When they had finished their conversation about what they should or shouldn't be eating (burgers came up at one point and all I could think about were the heavenly golden arches), they were talking about friends, work, love. I only got snippets of the conversation each time our waters met but they sounded like great characters. I had intended to leave after 30 minutes but then I met someone. No, not a guy - I'm very much in love. No, I kind of made a new friend. She was the sort of person you don't come across every day but she has the power to befriend you. The rest of that two hours were spent chatting while attempting an aquafit class (if you've ever done one then you'll be feeling my pain). I think I got her life story in that time. She was so interesting and easy to talk to. I have only read about characters like her before. Like I said in a comment recently, it is amazing how interesting even the most mundane situations can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment