Translate

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Competition

There was a young woman called Lucy
With a competition that’s ever so juicy
Please enter today
Else you'll feel in dismay
And you’ll be gutted you didn’t win

Sorry I’m all out of limericks for this week. If you have a good one go visit her site and check out this post. Its attracting a lot of closet limericksters (i know thats not really a word) and theres a great prize on offer too. While I wasn't bombarding poor Lucy with the worst Limericks ever I could be seen working on my short story which is due in tomorrow. I'm cutting it really fine and I wish I had a bit longer but it's got to be done. I'm not giving up now. I spent all evening learning about life at sea back in the late 70s and early 80s and I feel a lot more informed and confident about writing the sort of story I want. Anyways I wont ramble on as I need to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I'm rubbish at limericks. I love doing research for stories though. Just written one about skydiving, which I'd never do in a million years, but hopefully it sounds convincing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too but i could't stop writing them. Very addictive. No I wouldnt go skydiving, my stomach flips just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete